The AlienFlight Classic Narrow aka “AlienWii Classic” is an experimental flight controller designed to pilot Quadcopters using 7mm-8.5mm brushed motors. It features an Atmel Atmega 32u4 processor, MPU6050 Gyro/Accelerometer, built in 9.5A ESCs, and a built in Bind button for easy binding. 5V out for powering accessories.
AlienFlight Classic Narrow 5V – Brushed
The Classic Narrow can run Open Source MultiWii Firmware
Current build features BUZZER pads fed via a FET on pin PB4 (D8)
Here is the latest custom Firmware Sketch including the Buzzer feature (also note the new MPU6050 sensor orientation).
AlienFlight Classic Narrow Brushed Specifications:
- MultiWii compatible
- Atmel Atmega 32u4 micro controller
- MPU6050 accelerometer/gyro sensor unit
- 4x 9.5A brushed ESCs (Mosfets) – 2oz copper recommended
- Integrated USB port (side access)
- * Serial connection for external DSM2/DSMX sat receiver (e.g. Spektrum SAT, OrangeRx R100 or Lemon RX) – PPM untested
- PPM receiver Pin is also pulled out for use – untested
- Hardware bind button for easy binding
- Motor connections are at the corners for easy orientation with reduced wiring
- Dimensions: 31x25mm
- Direct operation from an single cell 3.7V Lipo battery
- 5V and 3.3V buck/boost regulators (5V out for powering accessories)
- Single Sided – all components arranged on the top layer
- Buzzer pads for powering an external indicator Buzzer – (Buzzer must contain it’s own oscillating driver circuit and be able to handle 4.2V)
* Spektrum Compatible DSM2 satellites should work out of the box. DSMX sat should work with DSM2 protocol with default settings.
Build Files and Resources.
Schematic, Board, and Parts List ➜ Tactile ZIP
This board can be made at ➜ OSHpark (with Tactile Switch)
Stencils can be made at ➜ OSHStencils
THESE FILES ARE BEING PROVIDED ”AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.