The AlienFlight F3 Quad Brushed V1 is an experimental flight controller designed to pilot Quadcopters using 7mm-8.5mm brushed motors. It features an ARM STM32 F3 processor, built in side USB for easy firmware flashing, and parameter editing, MPU6050 Gyro/Accelerometer, 9.5A ESCs, and a built in Bind button for hassle free transmitter binding.
AlienFlight F3 Quad Brushed Flight Controller
(Actual build uses tactile switches instead of pictured jumpers)
AlienFlight F3 Quad V1 Brushed Flight Controller Specs:
- Cleanflight/Betaflight compatible
- STM32 F3 MCU
- MPU6050 accelerometer/gyro sensor unit
- 4x 9.5A brushed ESCs (Mosfets) – 2oz copper recommended
- Direct programming connection via Side USB
- (*) serial connection for external DSM2/DSMX sat receiver (e.g. Spektrum SAT, OrangeRx R100 or Lemon RX)
- Alternate PPM receiver connection (i.e. Deltang Rx31)
- Hardware bind button for easy binding
- Boot button for easy firmware flashing
- Motor connections oriented for self explanatory connection
- Dimensions: 26x30mm (use thin FR4 material for weight savings)
- Direct operation from an single cell lipo battery
- All components arranged on the top layer
* Spektrum Compatible DSM2 satellites should work out of the box. DSMX sat should also work with DSM2 protocol with default settings. (DSM2, 11bit, 11ms is preset).
Source Build Files and Resources.
Schematic, board design, and part list ➜ Tactile ZIP
This bare board can be made at ➜ OSHpark (with Tactile Switches)
Stencils can be made at ➜ OSHStencils
NOTES: Solder the RX jumper pad on the back of the board to SRX. The same pin is currently being used for both PPM and Serial receivers on the STM32 F3. The PPM pad has been removed on future revisions.
THESE FILES ARE BEING PROVIDED ”AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.