The AlienFlight F4 Hexa Brushless is an experimental flight controller designed to pilot small brushless powered Quadcopters – Hexacopters. It features an ARM STM32 F4 processor, side USB for easy firmware flashing, and parameter editing, MPU6500 Gyro/Accelerometer, and built in bind/boot switches for hassle free binding/flashing.
NOTE: You’ll need to switch from brushed to one of the brushless ESC/Motor options available under the configuration tab.
AlienFlight F4 Hexa Brushless FC
AlienFlight F4 Brushless Hexa Flight Controller Specifications:
- BetaFlight compatible
- STM32 F4 MCU
- MPU6500 accelerometer/gyro sensor unit (via SPI bus)
- Supports 2S-4S Lipo Battery Power
- Power Distribution built in (2oz+ copper recommended)
- Direct programming connection via side USB
- (*) serial connection for external DSM2/DSMX sat receiver (e.g. Spektrum SAT, OrangeRx R100 or Lemon RX)
- Alternate PPM receiver connection (i.e. Deltang Rx31)
- Hardware bind switch for easy binding
- Boot switch for easy firmware flashing
- Buzzer pads on the bottom
- 5V out – buck/boost regulator for powering accessories
- Motor connections oriented for self explanatory connection
- Dimensions: 25x30mm (use thin FR4 material for weight savings)
- All components arranged on the top layer
* Most Spektrum Compatible DSM2 satellites work out of the box. DSMX sat should also work with DSM2 protocol with default settings. (DSM2, 11bit, 11ms is preset).
NOTES: Lost Model Alarm: A small Buzzer with a low current draw (=<20mA) can be used. You can tie activation of this Buzzer to a switch on your Transmitter via the Beeper option, on the modes page.
Build Files and Resources.
This board design is released under a CC-BY-NC-SA License.
Not to be used for commercial purposes – without permission.
Part List and Gerbers ➜ F4 Brushless
This bare board can be made at ➜ OSHpark
Stencils can be made at ➜ OSHStencils
Use the .boardoutline.ger and .tcream.ger files to create your stencil.
THESE FILES ARE BEING PROVIDED ”AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.